Keep Out Of Reach Of Children

St. Louis, Missouri (April 13th, 2018)- Children have a tendency to get ahold of things that they are not supposed to have, which can lead to harmful situations. There are many items around your house that you may not even be aware of the risks they can have to your children. For example, your kids could be out playing in the yard and find a poisonous mushroom, if ingested, it can cause serious symptoms. Many people may not expect to find mushrooms in their yard, but it is important to keep an eye out to prevent a mushroom poisoning from accidentally occurring.

Another household item to be careful of is the common medicine, Benadryl®. While this medicine can be extremely helpful to some, it can lead to a Diphenhydramine overdose because it can cause significant toxicity. A Benadryl® overdose is common today in young adults and teenagers because of the price and availability. It is being abused recreationally for delirium and hallucinosis, as well as in suicide gestures. To ensure the safety of you and your children, make sure to check the bottle for dosage amounts, and keep out of reach of children.

Knowing what has the ability to be poisonous in your home is important, especially when it comes to your children. If you have any questions or concerns regarding if something is poisonous or not, the Missouri Poison Center has tons of information on their website that will help, as well as a 24/7 Helpline designed to consult people who think they may have been poisoned.

 

Missouri Poison Center

7980 Clayton Rd # 200,

St Louis, MO 63117