While summer has our hearts, when the crispness sets into those summer evenings, we get excited for fall. Autumn weddings are some of our favorites as we get to design and plan for cozy and intimate details that we don’t see during the rest of the year. Here are 5 simple ways to welcome fall into your wedding (or party!):
1. stage a leaf toss! Collect fallen leaves and place into little paper bags and pass out to guests before the ceremony. After you say we do, guests will toss the leaves like confetti as you head down the aisle!
2. have cocktail napkins printed up with a leaf print or a fall saying. For Your Party is an excellent resource for customizing napkins and matches.
3. welcome the season with wreaths – ask your florist to create beautiful wreaths using the most in-season greenery. Magnolia leaves are gorgeous this time of year and have a brown back for a subtle touch of fall.
4. welcome your guests with a warm cider cocktail served up in copper mugs!
5. use the warmth of gold or copper in elements like paper goods. Gold ink is exquisite on escort cards or menus and lends such a rich feeling to a table top.
No matter the degree of fall you incorporate into your celebration, it’s a welcomed touch that your guests will surely appreciate!